This survey asked researchers about their knowledge, views and experiences with text mining of journal literature. Desk research on text mining keywords in published journal articles also reveals how text mining is growing in the journal literature.
Key findings include:
- A growing number of papers refer to text mining techniques, but the visible impact is still quite small
- Awareness of text mining techniques is still relatively low
- But current users envisage the technique to hold great promise
- And the majority of respondents are open to learning more
- Text mining is not yet 'plug and play', and is still seen as at an experimental phase.